One Session $ 34.29
Tips for Mystic Tanners
Achieving a natural looking tan by using Mystic Tan is a process that involves healthy maintenance of your skin and may take more than one visit to master. Because everybody is different and skin quality varies from person to person, the process must be tailored slightly to meet your desired results. We recommend at least two visits since there is some trial and error involved and some inconsistencies may appear in the beginning. Even the best machines cannot guarantee perfect results for every person.
What is the Mystic Solution / Tan?
- The Mystic solution is Aloe Vera based and contains a water-soluble cosmetic bronzer. This will add some immediate color and will wash off when you shower.
- DHA - This is a colorless sugar which interacts with your skin proteins and amino acids and causes your outer / top layer of skin to turn brown and produce what appears to be a tan.
- The "Mystic Tan" will begin appearing in 3-4 hours and will fully develop in 12-24 hours. It will last up to 5-7 days. It will fade each day as your skin naturally exfoliates.
- We offer regular and premium session levels for the same price (many salons charge extra for premium). We will recommend the level that will provide you the most natural color based on your skin tone.
Before your session
- Wear loose fitting clothing & sandals to avoid Mystic solution rubbing off on clothing.
- At least a few hours prior to Mystic Tanning, exfoliate and moisturize using Aloe Vera based Mystic Tan Exfoliate and Moisturizer. This will aid absorption and increase the life of the Mystic Tan.
- Avoid using any oil-based products on your skin prior to Mystic Tan (moisturizer, shaving cream, deodorant) as they may block Mystic solution absorption and create streaking or an uneven color on your skin.
- If your skin is thick and/or dry in some areas, your skin will absorb more Mystic solution and produce a darker color in those areas. To combat this, apply a thin coating of barrier cream to the palms of your hands (including nail beds and cuticles) and feet (not the bottoms of your feet). If after your first session you get undesired darkness in areas such as elbows, knees, tops of hands and feet, you may try applying a small layer of barrier cream to block some of the solution.
- Apply the hair cap leaving about an inch of your hair line in the front, sides and back, and tuck behind the ears to avoid tan lines (people with receding hair lines may not want to wear a cap at all).
Immediately after your session
- When spraying stops, exit the booth immediately. At this point your body has absorbed all of the necessary Mystic solution. Towel off your entire body, starting with the backs of your calves, followed by your feet and work your way up. Make sure you remove all excess moisture, and don't forget to wipe your belly button, in between toes and insides of ears and even the nose.
During / After your session
- Wait 5-6 hours before showering, and also avoid exercising, washing dishes, applying liquid makeup, putting on moisturizer, getting a manicure of pedicure, and don't go out in the rain or go swimming.
- Mystic Tan lasts anywhere from 5-7 days and will fade gradually and naturally, but can fade in patches if you do not moisture and care for your skin properly afterwards. Use a good quality moisturizer after each shower to extend your Mystic Tan (we recommend Mystic Tan's skin care product line for best results).
- Jacuzzi's, Hot Tubs and Chlorinated Pools may cause streaking and the top layer of skin to exfoliate, rapidly eliminating your Mystic Tan.
- To cover up blemishes or streaks, use Mystic Tan Perfection Spray. Other home remedies include:
- Dab lemon juice on the area and let sit for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Apply a skin-bleaching product for ten minutes, then rinse.
- Rub whitening toothpaste over area or blot the spot with a cotton ball soaked with rubbing alcohol then massage with body lotion.